ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2" Orange Melon Discus - Omaha, NE - P/U or Shipping

Default 2" Orange Melon Discus - Omaha, NE - P/U or Shipping

Hi fellow discus lovers!
    I’ve got a nice discus pair that has raised quite a few spawns. I’ve supplied local hobbyists and LFS, but Omaha is a small market so I’m checking to see if there is interest in the SD community. As you can see in the parent photo they are a nice solid orange color with black trim on fins and tail. I’m calling them Orange Melon, but perhaps there is a more appropriate name for this strain – let me know what you think.
    small 1.jpg
    The young I am offering are from a 3-18-2017 spawn and are +/- 2” at the time of this posting. They’re very healthy and growing fast, eating a variety of bloodworm, brine shrimp, beefheart, and freeze-dried tubifex daily. No hormones or color enhancing food, so the young are still fairly plain-looking & just starting to color up. In my experience with the parents and their previous spawns, they don’t reach full color until 10-12 months.
    small 2.jpg
    Worth the wait in my opinion as I think the adults are quite pretty. Here’s a link to short video of the young on the parents at a couple weeks free-swimming: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xFnl0C6kXI7sh8zC2

I’m asking $20 ea - willing to discount if you want 5 or more. Happy to donate 10% back to the forum. Drop me a message if you’re interested and I can give you a shipping estimate.
    Jim

Real Name
    Sean

Default Re: 2" Orange Melon Discus - Omaha, NE - P/U or Shipping

This is an awesome opportunity. I wish I had the tank space.

Quote Originally Posted by scubasaurus View Post
    Hi fellow discus lovers!
    I’ve got a nice discus pair that has raised quite a few spawns. I’ve supplied local hobbyists and LFS, but Omaha is a small market so I’m checking to see if there is interest in the SD community. As you can see in the parent photo they are a nice solid orange color with black trim on fins and tail. I’m calling them Orange Melon, but perhaps there is a more appropriate name for this strain – let me know what you think.
    small 1.jpg
    The young I am offering are from a 3-18-2017 spawn and are +/- 2” at the time of this posting. They’re very healthy and growing fast, eating a variety of bloodworm, brine shrimp, beefheart, and freeze-dried tubifex daily. No hormones or color enhancing food, so the young are still fairly plain-looking & just starting to color up. In my experience with the parents and their previous spawns, they don’t reach full color until 10-12 months.
    small 2.jpg
    Worth the wait in my opinion as I think the adults are quite pretty. Here’s a link to short video of the young on the parents at a couple weeks free-swimming: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xFnl0C6kXI7sh8zC2

I’m asking $20 ea - willing to discount if you want 5 or more. Happy to donate 10% back to the forum. Drop me a message if you’re interested and I can give you a shipping estimate.
    Jim
    Thanks Jim! Looks like a very healthy group of fry and nice shape. Best of luck with your sale!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lucas Smith

Where are the parent's originally from?

Hi
    I got the parents direct from a breeder in Florida. The photos of the fish he had listed looked like checkerboards with big white spots. The group he sent me were REALLY young - about fingernail size and I guess no more than 4 weeks old. As they grew out over the next 12 months, it was obvious they weren't what he had pictured. They developed into what you see in my listing here - a nice solid orange color with no body pattern at all. Perhaps he got them mixed up with other fry at the time of shipping - that's why I'm guessing and calling them orange melon...

Growing fast and starting to color up. 2-2.5" now. I need the tank space and I'm motivated to find good homes for these guys so make me an offer
    discus.jpg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lucas Smith

Looks like you got some winners in that tank. That guy in the top left is extra tall.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by scubasaurus View Post
    Growing fast and starting to color up. 2-2.5" now. I need the tank space and I'm motivated to find good homes for these guys so make me an offer
    discus.jpg
    I'm very interested if you have any left. I don't live that far away and can pick up on most evenings. Thanks, Ray

Quite a few left - send me a PM and we can arrange pickup

growing...
    1.jpg

Real Name
    Sean

Wow I can't believe you haven't sold out of these yet. You're practically giving them away and you're willing to ship.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Rob

How much to ship to Joplin, mo 64804 or 64801

Hi - depends on how many you want. you're not far from here - usps express look like approx $30 for 1 or 2. about $50 for up to 8.

Quote Originally Posted by ssevasta View Post
    Wow I can't believe you haven't sold out of these yet. You're practically giving them away and you're willing to ship.
    thanks - yes, about 40 left. two spawns behind this one are about big enough to sell now too. I need to separate the parents :S

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lucas Smith

Thanks again for posting here. I sent you a PM to take 8. I'm putting them into a 55 g BB, with plans to move them to my 125 when adult.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast