ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sick discus need help

Default Re: Sick discus need help

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    Make sure you treat for a least 10 days of metro;two weeks would be better.4 days of antibiotics would not be long enough to kill off the bacteria that's causing an infection.If that's what it is.
    +1

I don't have huge experience medicating fish but I have found recommended duration is very important. It can seem like there is no change for days but once you run the full duration there suddenly is a change.

Also after treatment I would recommend a more nutritious and varied diet
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member

do I treat everyday for 10 days or dose every other day? I'm sorry this is my first time doing this. I don't want to overdose.

Real Name
    Mervin

Seachem instructions on my jar says every other day for up to 3 weeks or until symptoms disappear.Just make sure to do a big WC changes with discus and dose the whole tank each time.

Registered Member

Hey guys, just wanted to give you all an update. I finished treating the entire tank with a total of 7 doses every other day. I did a 50% water change between the doses. This process took 14 total days. It turns out my yellow discus is permanently disabled. I took it to the LFS and the guy who works there breeds discus himself. He said that this one may have had a bladder problem that wasn't taken care of during its early stage. I really tried to help this guy but there is no chance he will ever swim normal. The helper did say that it can live a long life but will just swim with his head down permanently. I hope i haven't missed something because my other discus are thriving and my water parameters are perfect. On another note, I noticed my red discus take the biggest poop ever. I think this is a world record. Hope this is normal lol.
    Last edited by artiniphone; 08-17-2017 at 02:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12