ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate photobucket.

Real Name
    Sean

Default I hate photobucket.

It really sucks when I'm browsing through old threads on the forum and all the pictures come up with the message saying that OP needs to upgrade their photobucket account for third party hosting. I hate to say it but it makes a lot of the stuff on the forum incomplete. It's so frustrating reading multiple comments about how awesome a particular cross looks and then seeing that banner message.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

Default Re: I hate photobucket.

Yah i used it a bunch but now they say I have to pay to share the pics, so I'm done with it

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by ssevasta View Post
    It really sucks when I'm browsing through old threads on the forum and all the pictures come up with the message saying that OP needs to upgrade their photobucket account for third party hosting. I hate to say it but it makes a lot of the stuff on the forum incomplete. It's so frustrating reading multiple comments about how awesome a particular cross looks and then seeing that banner message.

Totally agree with you on this Sean. I just revisited some of my old threads and wasn't happy. Not much that can done about it, and there's no way l'm going to pay to have my own photos displayed....there's better ways now
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member
    Real Name
    EJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyla View Post
    Yah i used it a bunch but now they say I have to pay to share the pics, so I'm done with it
    It's horrible now, between not being able to share photos and the huge amount of bs advertisements and spam, I'm done with them as well. Imgur seems to be pretty good , I opened an account with them recently but still have to move a lot of photos over from photobucket. Amazon prime photos is good for storing your pics but you can't use it to post pics online in forums either. Does anyone know of any good sites besides Imgur or Flickr for hosting photos online?

Real Name
    Sean

Yeah I was just thinking maybe one of those internet time machine websites might at least display the image thumbnails from cached data.

Real Name
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by EJ_B View Post
    It's horrible now, between not being able to share photos and the huge amount of bs advertisements and spam, I'm done with them as well. Imgur seems to be pretty good , I opened an account with them recently but still have to move a lot of photos over from photobucket. Amazon prime photos is good for storing your pics but you can't use it to post pics online in forums either. Does anyone know of any good sites besides Imgur or Flickr for hosting photos online?
    I have a stickied thread in the photography sub-forum where people have been posting ideas for alternatives.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    EJ

Quote Originally Posted by ssevasta View Post
    I have a stickied thread in the photography sub-forum where people have been posting ideas for alternatives.
    Thanks, ill check it out.

Real Name
    Matt

Yeah, not to much can be done about it unless the thread poster hosts the pics elsewhere. Kind of out of our hands kind of thing unfortunately. I recommend Imgur or Flickr, probably two of the easiest and best sites to use. I used photobucket a lot in the past, if anyone runs across any of my posts without images PM me and I'll see if I can find the photos and host them elsewhere to fix the thread.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ryan

Some forums have begun not allowing pics hosted at photobucket to be posted. Kind of a slap back at them for this hostage like change.
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

If we wanted to upload pics onto old posts is that even possible? Don't the posts lock up after a while?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kesley

Google drive is another option for a quick share, although it maxes out at 15GB so if you share lots of large photos you'll run out of space pretty quickly. Imgur is your best bet for unlimited open storage. It's original intended purpose was to be a simple image hosting site where Redditors could upload photos to share in their posts. Plus if you're bored and want to scroll through the gallery you'll get caught up on all the latest memes and cat videos

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

If we wanted to upload pics onto old posts is that even possible? Don't the posts lock up after a while?
    Correct Kyla. I was unable to go back into an old post and edit in the photos again

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Correct Kyla. I was unable to go back into an old post and edit in the photos again
    Guys we are considering options here to deal with this...theres a few options we are discussing in the mod board. Update you asap.
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Guys we are considering options here to deal with this...theres a few options we are discussing in the mod board. Update you asap.
    al

Registered Member

Only those with admin. rights would be able to do that it would be extremely time consuming. No matter where I'm betting eventually you are going to pay. Most of those at the Polk audio forum were willing to pay something but 400$ was just unreasonable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast