AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The costs of setting up and maintaining a 265 gallon discus tank

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gabriel

Default Re: The costs of setting up and maintaining a 265 gallon discus tank

Wow! Great read and awesome tank. Your discus are beautiful and they look very happy.

Real Name
    Patty

This is one fantastic tank from top to bottom and front to back fantastic!
    Patty

Real Name
    Bill G.

All I can say is WOW......awesome setup, fish, and decor. Glad for ya. Have fun.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

awesome mate. thanks for the informative write up. i will be buying from Kenny as well when my 125 gal is ready for fish...you set up looks incredible!

Real Name
    Bill G.

I can tell you from experience.....you will be ultra pleased w Kenny and his fish.

Real Name
    Rob

Wow Kevin. What a fantastic result from all that work. I know what's involved in converting a dirty marine set up, it's hard work, and I'm still working on mine. Great to see it's paid off, and really love the overall look with the background and thin layer of sand. Would be great to see you enter the competition section. You've definitely captured interest. Rob

Beautiful Setup ! Love the Discus and the 3D background.

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

Kevin,
    Thanks for sharing the bill of materials, osea, the breakdown of everything you purchased.
    Good prices... $1000 wasn't too much to pay for the original setup... Sure could have gone a bit cheaper, but you more than made up for it with that 300gal Tote score for $150. Good on ya!

3D background was a spendy item, but it's art... and art is expensive. However, Aesthetics are important. I enjoy building stuff and always spend as much on the enclosures as the internals...again it's esthetics... I appreciate that! .

Your breakdown, as well as the mention of increased utilities, helps folks to grasp the real cost of providing a large tank for a good sized population of discus. Thanks for the candor!!

<edited for spelling and grammar>
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sean

Very nice setup!

Real Name
    Kevin

Thank you everyone, It's definitely a labor of love

Real Name
    Frank

As a new member (and awaiting my discus from Kenny), I just sent an enjoyable time this evening reading this. The tank looks wonderful. I know you got a lot of satisfaction from the labor but the readers lived your labor. The pictures are awesome. Maybe a recent pic or two!

Real Name
    Patty

Gorgeous tank and fish!
    If the discus are happy, I’m happy

That was a very challenging undertaking, Kevin - I admire your bravado, effort, and determination in making it a success - which it certainly was !
    The hobby needs more of your type of 'go for it' mover and shaker to show others the way to go !

Real Name
    Kevin

Here's some more recent photos, everything with the tank has been going good so far. I purchased 30 more sterbai's a few months ago and just added them after quarantining and medicating them for 6 weeks.

20180108_215205.jpg

20180325_114803.jpg

Screenshot_20180213-221934.jpg

Screenshot_20171103-200033.jpg

Real Name
    Frank

Absolutely gorgeous!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast