pic of month     Aquatic foods

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BEWARE of discus.com using our shipment photos to sell discus it doesn't have

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar
    iTrader
    371 (100%)

Exclamation BEWARE of discus.com using our shipment photos to sell discus it doesn't have

Hi everyone,

It has been brought to my attention repeatedly by many of my old customers that https://www.discusfish.com/ has been stealing my monthly shipment strain photos to sell my long-time supplier Forrest Teo's discus on his website that he doesn't actually have. The owner of the site has been informed and warned by me of his unethical business practice(I have all email correspondences here) but he refused to take down these stolen photos and he continues still to misrepresent discus he's selling to discus hobbyists. For the past 12 years (since 2005) I've been Forrest Teo's sole US distributor so no other US discus sellers import directly from Forrest Teo. Anyone claiming to have imported Forrest Teo's discus here in the US is 100% making a false claim. He also claims to possibly be selling Forrest Teo's discus though my wholesale customers but I've checked with every single one of my wholesale customer and no one is selling Forrest Teo's discus to him. Please beware of the above site's unethical business practice.

Example of Forrest Teo's discus photos taken from our monthly shipments:

https://www.discusfish.com/

We are currently working to send the owner of the above website a Cease and Desist letter, and if he continues to refuse taking down these stolen photos taken from our monthly shipment threads/photobucket account, we will sue him for theft of image property as well as damages for loss of business.

Thank you to all those who have informed me of this issue, I greatly appreciate all of you.

Kenny Cheung
    Kenny's Discus
    Last edited by Kenny's Discus; 07-29-2017 at 03:35 AM.
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: BEWARE of discusfish.com using our shipment photos to sell discus it doesn't have

Wish you the best of luck with this. This person is even using photos from your July 2017 shipment like those gorgeous Crimson Star Alenquer which I have never seen before https://www.discusfish.com/product/4...us-discus.html. Unbelievable.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member LizStreithorst's Avatar
    iTrader
    12 (100%)

Default Re: BEWARE of discusfish.com using our shipment photos to sell discus it doesn't have

Right click on a picture and you will be given an option to see if that pic has been used somewhere else.
    Mama Bear

iTrader
    371 (100%)

Exactly Pat and yes I saw that as well. There is honestly no counter-arguments here as to the wrongdoing of such unethical business practice!
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

iTrader
    371 (100%)

Thanks for the info Liz. Long time hope you've been well.

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny's Discus View Post
    Exactly Pat and yes I saw that as well. There is honestly no counter-arguments here as to the wrongdoing of such unethical business practice!
    Yes Kenny and wonder what his stock really looks like. Perhaps not so hot.
    Pat

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Sorry you have to go through this Kenny. You and Forrest have worked so hard to build your reps, it's sad someone has to try and use your hard work to make their sales
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

iTrader
    5 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ryan

I was shocked to see this, Kenny. I hope the cease & desist works for you.
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

what a bass turd!

iTrader
    Real Name
    Austin

What a terrible way to conduct business!

I wrote a negative review regarding discusfish.com (see link below)

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...discusfish-com

I was really unhappy when the fish I received didn't even have a heat pack upon arrival and what was even worst was one of the discus I got had stringy poo and didn't eat quickly infecting the other healthy one! The owner also stated that the fish I received was from Forrest directly but after finding out Kenny was the sole distributor I quickly realized what was going on...

Would NOT recommend to anyone!

Attached are parts of the conversation we had of him stating that the fish came from Forrest directly

Name:  Screenshot_20170728-223338.jpg
Views: 2169
Size:  111.3 KBName:  Screenshot_20170728-223323.jpg
Views: 2154
Size:  105.3 KB

iTrader
    371 (100%)

Thanks Ryan, Ryan and Keith for commenting.

Austin, thanks for sharing your 1st hand experience with this site that have been using our shipment fish photos to deceive customers. This is hard proof of what I said in the very first post here (he's selling non-Forrest discus as Forrest discus here in the US).

Also, wouldn't you all agree that any discus importers/sellers partnering up with him knowing they(the shippers) will be shipping out discus that aren't from the source of fish pictured on his website, they are also KNOWINGLY taking part in this deceiving business practice and are just as guilty imho! What they are doing is to hope they sell their fish especially to new discus hobbyists who couldn't tell the quality/strain type differences.

Kenny

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Kenny, this is so disturbing that this activity is continuing. I had not seen the original post until a member who knows how much I admire you and your fish sent me a link to the thread. In fact it came up in conversation today with our mutual friend before I saw these new posts. I told him how astonishing it was that you were able to remain on high ground and conduct yourself so professionally while keeping a cool, level head to an act that was so personally contentious. This incident is again showing your true colors of the strong, intelligent man that you are.

You have thousands of loyal customers behind you Kenny. This is an awful, unfortunate distraction at the very least. Seeing you work so hard to maintain your rock solid business and reputation and have someone swoop in so belligerently makes my blood boil. I know it is costing you time and money and my wish is that is brought to a screeching halt in a heart beat. If there is anything we can do to back you up, please let us know what we can do for you. You will win this Kenny. It just breaks my heart that you have to deal with it.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

I did a little research on the pictures of the wild discus he shows and those pictures are from Gabe of John Wattley discus, Mark of Discus Origin and a variety of other sources.
    Pat

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    I did a little research on the pictures of the wild discus he shows and those pictures are from Gabe of John Wattley discus, Mark of Discus Origin and a variety of other sources.
    Pat
    Now there is something. Even more powerful if you can collaborate your efforts. Strength in numbers. Maybe this can implode on this thief sooner than he had imagined.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    Now there is something. Even more powerful if you can collaborate your efforts. Strength in numbers. Maybe this can implode on this thief sooner than he had imagined.
    I was hoping one of the pics were mine Jenene since I have taken shipment pictures for Mark before.
    Pat

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast