Cafepress Store     NADA

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BEWARE of discus.com using our shipment photos to sell discus it doesn't have

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Default Re: BEWARE of discusfish.com using our shipment photos to sell discus it doesn't have

Anything we can do to help him. Just wish I could come up with something.
    Thanks for putting out there that Kenny is not the only target. You are on to something that could work.
    Wish you would have had a hand in it Second Hand Pat. ��
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: BEWARE of discusfish.com using our shipment photos to sell discus it doesn't have

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    Anything we can do to help him. Just wish I could come up with something.
    Thanks for putting out there that Kenny is not the only target. You are on to something that could work.
    Wish you would have had a hand in it Second Hand Pat. ��
    Me too
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Brotoss View Post
    What a terrible way to conduct business!

I wrote a negative review regarding discusfish.com (see link below)

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...discusfish-com

I was really unhappy when the fish I received didn't even have a heat pack upon arrival and what was even worst was one of the discus I got had stringy poo and didn't eat quickly infecting the other healthy one! The owner also stated that the fish I received was from Forrest directly but after finding out Kenny was the sole distributor I quickly realized what was going on...

Would NOT recommend to anyone!

Attached are parts of the conversation we had of him stating that the fish came from Forrest directly

Attachment 111388Attachment 111389
    Hi Austin,

This is your post from the livestock review thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brotoss View Post
    I've bought from discusfish.com and the owner is Michael Li. I got two penang eruptions which he claimed were Forrest imported. When the fish arrived it came with no heat pack, and a box labeled with jack wattley all around the box. I recieved one penang which was sick and had stringy poo, and another one that what looked like was a classic leopard (i may be wrong). When opening the box the bags which the fish came in were quite cold coming from Miami since they didnt have a heat pack and probobly temp shocked the fish during transit. As far as the sick fish goes he has clamped fins, stringy poo, and will not eat food while the other leopard eats bloodworms and brine shrimp with no problem. It didn't take long for the other fish to get infected and now it is showing the same symptoms. I quickly went to my LFS to buy 40+ in meds and treated the fish. I did talk to Michael about the sick fish but recieved very little help and showed no concern. I will NEVER buy from discusfish.com because of this experience and would not reccommend to anyone.
    So the fish you ordered came from Miami? Do you still have the box? perhaps with the address? Michael Li says he resides in NYC on his about page.

Hello, I'm Michael Li, and I am a professional software engineer, aquarium enthusiast, and the creator of DiscusFish.com. I grew up in West Lafayette, Indiana, and have been keeping discus as a hobbyist since 2003. I currently reside in New York City with my family, where I own and operate a software contracting firm while somehow finding time to breed fish and rare tortoises! I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from the School of Engineering & Applied Science of Columbia University in 2009.
    https://www.discusfish.com/page/mess...-boutique.html.

Pat

iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Matt

That's crazy how bold they are with the photo theft and false advertising. Hope everything works out Kenny, I'm sure it will. Let me know if I can help with anything.

iTrader
    5 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ryan

The support for kenny here, other sites, and facebook thatvi have seen, will undoubtedly cause a fast backlash & implosion on him & his site.

If the package came from Miami. I can almost assure you he took the order from customer. Placed order with Gabe @ Wattley @ EIN# Wholesale cost. Then gave the original customers address to Gabe. Air 2 Air cargo is also Gabes top choice for delivery. Its rather sad really.
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Ryno View Post
    The support for kenny here, other sites, and facebook thatvi have seen, will undoubtedly cause a fast backlash & implosion on him & his site.

If the package came from Miami. I can almost assure you he took the order from customer. Placed order with Gabe @ Wattley @ EIN# Wholesale cost. Then gave the original customers address to Gabe. Air 2 Air cargo is also Gabes top choice for delivery. Its rather sad really.
    My thoughts exactly Ryan and that means this guy mostly likely does not have any fish.
    Pat

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar
    iTrader
    371 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    Kenny, this is so disturbing that this activity is continuing. I had not seen the original post until a member who knows how much I admire you and your fish sent me a link to the thread. In fact it came up in conversation today with our mutual friend before I saw these new posts. I told him how astonishing it was that you were able to remain on high ground and conduct yourself so professionally while keeping a cool, level head to an act that was so personally contentious. This incident is again showing your true colors of the strong, intelligent man that you are.

You have thousands of loyal customers behind you Kenny. This is an awful, unfortunate distraction at the very least. Seeing you work so hard to maintain your rock solid business and reputation and have someone swoop in so belligerently makes my blood boil. I know it is costing you time and money and my wish is that is brought to a screeching halt in a heart beat. If there is anything we can do to back you up, please let us know what we can do for you. You will win this Kenny. It just breaks my heart that you have to deal with it.
    I greatly appreciate the supporting words Jenene. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    I did a little research on the pictures of the wild discus he shows and those pictures are from Gabe of John Wattley discus, Mark of Discus Origin and a variety of other sources.
    Pat
    Yes Pat and I've noticed other seller's fish photos being used on his site also. If what he stated is true re his educational background, I just feel bad for his parents! However given his unethical actions and thus lack of credibility I wouldn't take things at face value anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    That's crazy how bold they are with the photo theft and false advertising. Hope everything works out Kenny, I'm sure it will. Let me know if I can help with anything.
    Exactly Matt and thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Ryno View Post

Ryan, really good investigative work and if that was indeed how they operate the dots are connected!

My thoughts exactly Ryan and that means this guy mostly likely does not have any fish.
    Pat
    I completely agree with you Pat. That was also the feeling I got during our prior communication.

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

iTrader
    Real Name
    Austin

Hi Austin,

This is your post from the livestock review thread

So the fish you ordered came from Miami? Do you still have the box? perhaps with the address? Michael Li says he resides in NYC on his about page.

https://www.discusfish.com/page/mess...-boutique.html.

Pat
    yes, my box came from Miami and had jack wattley labeled all over the box but unfortunately I threw it away

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar
    iTrader
    371 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your input! Though still pending confirmation, I think we're starting to get a much clearer picture of how this whole scam of theirs work now...this is worse than just stealing fish photos like Pat said! They pretty much can sell any supplier's stock customers want just by lying! A good example is our Forrest's stock they sold to Austin without having them! Hard proof is in Austin's screen shots from above!

Kenny
    Last edited by Kenny's Discus; 07-29-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

iTrader
    Real Name
    Kevin

Wow, Can't believe that someone would try to piggy back off of someone else's success. He has a 212 area code as his phone number which is Manhattan.

iTrader
    Real Name
    Eric

Not to minimize these unethical business practices of Michael Li (I sent an email to him on this weeks ago, no response) but it is mostly a function of Kenny & Forrest's quality that there are now knock-off Kenny's Discus on the market. They are the Gucci and Louis Vuitton of the discus world

iTrader
    Real Name
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Clawhammer View Post
    Not to minimize these unethical business practices of Michael Li (I sent an email to him on this weeks ago, no response) but it is mostly a function of Kenny & Forrest's quality that there are now knock-off Kenny's Discus on the market. They are the Gucci and Louis Vuitton of the discus world
    Lol, it's definitely correct to say that Kenny is a luxury brand. After my last order from Kenny, I wouldn't even consider buying from anywhere else.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar
    iTrader
    51 (100%)

I remember this guy,he was at the last NADA, he is a crook. He does live in NYC and has suppliers send their products directly to the customer. All he does is collect $$$. He wanted to do a breeding cone deal with me and I was to send the cones to the customer while he got most of the $$. He got rude with me when I turned down his offer. Good luck Kenny!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Jason

The nerve of some people. Sorry to have to deal with this nonsense Kenny

Registered Member
    iTrader

I did a little research on the pictures of the wild discus he shows and those pictures are from Gabe of John Wattley discus, Mark of Discus Origin and a variety of other sources.
    Pat
    I thought those pictures looked familiar. Why can't Forrest with this email evidence take legal action with Kenny as well?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast