AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Tds too low?

Registered Member

Default Tds too low?

now that I have battled and won against high nitrates in my tap it's time to move on to the next issue. I use around 60/40 ro/tap. Problem is my tds is around 48. This makes me think my water isn't very mineralized and my tap is very soft to begin with. I tried some ro right by Kent in my ro and lost my entire school of rummies. I also tried equilibrium as my tank is planted. My fish looked to be going into shock so I stopped that water change and didn't continue. At this point I hate the idea of additives because I'm clearly doing something wrong. My guess is changing the parameters too fast. But I'm also worried about the lack of nutrients in my current water. I know discus like consistency so im good with no additives and keeping it simple but how do you all feel about the tds? My stock is 8 discus 5"-7" adults, rummies, and gbr's

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Tds too low?

I have used RO Right and never had an issue with it. I did however add it to an aging barrow with my RO/tap mix and let it mix until the TDS was stable. I would think 48 should be fine provided you maintain it with regular water changes.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening