AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: It's been awhile!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg

Default It's been awhile!

I haven't posted in a couple months but have received a couple shipments from Kenny's Discus and couldn't be happier. I have attached a couple pics that doesn't do them justice and taken from my iPhone. I have also expanded into angelfish and have had the blessing and support of my wife........YAYYYY! I am in process of making the background look like roots entering the water but am a long way from getting there. Discus rock and are friendly as the tamest dog!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Default Re: It's been awhile!

beautiful discus Greg, and I love your fish room how nice. have you considered a light layer of sand? or painting the bottom of the tank? you are right discus are friendly as dogs and quite majestic too. congrats on the new fish
    ~JACKLYN~

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg

Thanks for the reply Jacklyn. I actually have white poster board cut to dimensions and taped to the outside bottom of the aquarium. You can't see it in pics but it looks very white sand like looking down in the tank. I want to keep it bare bottom. I am also considering changing the color of the back wall to a blue or white.......any thoughts on this? My wife and I have been seriously bitten by the Discus and Angelfish bug. We have single pairs of koi, golden x zebra and a spectacular pair of blue rainbow marble. We have many fry we are raising. Which is good since we will now have some experience when the discus start to breed.

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Greg, my personal favorite background is black, but I like that for wild themed biotope tanks. I think blue looks better than white in most cases. Hey have you seen that vinyl that attaches to the back (outside) they have some really pretty stuff. https://www.aquariumvinyl.com/freshwater/
    they have all types for aquariums, scroll through the different genres on the left.
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Mike

The Jail Cell and Quarantine backgrounds are pretty unique, lol.