ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Changing the Landscape still work in progress.

Real Name
    Julian

Default Changing the Landscape still work in progress.

So I went for Manzanitas drift wood only and a couple of amazons swords, for the 150g , still working the landscape. but the Red Turqs decide to spawn, funny they choose the skinniest of the branches check the third pic.
    IMG_2112 (2).JPG
    IMG_2116 (2).JPG
    IMG_2115 (2).JPG
    IMG_2123.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default Re: Changing the Landscape still work in progress.

Really nice Julian, and those fish look huge! What are the swords planted in? Is that the pantyhose pot?
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Julian

Thanks, Barb. The plants are one in a porcelain cichlid faux rock, and the other one is DIY made of burlap bag with aquarium safe "liquid plastic". I kind like a boulder look approach for the plants, If you ever design one of your plant dishes looking like boulders sort of round and concealing the substrate some how . I will be all over.
    plecos, tends to mess with the amazonian substrate and create a mess.

Julian.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Real Name
    Phil

Very nice... What are the dimensions of this guy? Looks very cube like from pics...

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Very nice... What are the dimensions of this guy? Looks very cube like from pics...
    Yes Phil. I kind of regret it after I bought . SeaClear acrylic round corners 48" long, 24" deep and 30" high discus love it. my arm pits don't. The fish are all 2015 mix of John's Snook21, and Mark ,Discus Origins and of course the pair of Stendker from Hans just visiting for the summer, lol.
    Last edited by Pardal; 08-04-2017 at 02:14 PM.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pardal View Post
    Thanks, Barb. The plants are one in a porcelain cichlid faux rock, and the other one is DIY made of burlap bag with aquarium safe "liquid plastic". I kind like a boulder look approach for the plants, If you ever design one of your plant dishes looking like boulders sort of round and concealing the substrate some how . I will be all over.
    plecos, tends to mess with the amazonian substrate and create a mess.

Julian.
    I will see what I can design, I am past due for some new things. I hope to have some new things for NADA in July, will work on some special plant pots.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Julian

Sounds, good Barb. I know you will come out with something beautiful. I hope to make it for the next NADA .