ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aged pH Still Too High for Tank

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Charles

Default Re: Aged pH Still Too High for Tank

I wouldn't worry so much about the nitrates as long as you're doing the water changes consistently, you can only do so much about nitrates. Typically it's that you're overfeeding, feeding messy foods way too often (beefheart), filters haven't been cleaned in a while, or just a lack of cleanliness. That would be be my guess.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

My kh is low, so if I don't do water changes for a while the ph in my tank will start to fall. To keep the ph stable in all my tanks between wc I added a little baggie of aragonite.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kesley

Quote Originally Posted by dillct View Post
    I wouldn't worry so much about the nitrates as long as you're doing the water changes consistently, you can only do so much about nitrates. Typically it's that you're overfeeding, feeding messy foods way too often (beefheart), filters haven't been cleaned in a while, or just a lack of cleanliness. That would be be my guess.
    I do tend to overfeed on weekends when I'm home all day, so that may be it. I'll try to keep it down to just 3x per day and see if that helps.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kesley

Quote Originally Posted by Kyla View Post
    My kh is low, so if I don't do water changes for a while the ph in my tank will start to fall. To keep the ph stable in all my tanks between wc I added a little baggie of aragonite.
    I don't have an accurate test kit right now, but my water around Philadelphia has never been anything but way too hard so I'd be surprised if that's the issue. We have had a crazy wet summer though, so maybe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12