AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: My Filter and Fish Color

Registered Member

Default My Filter and Fish Color

I have been up and running now for 2 months. I have a 90+ Gal tank and have 4 Discus. 2 of my discus have black stress lines. I have a green vegetation type backgrand. Would a light blue background draw out more of the blue color. What can I do to bring out more of these colors. ALSO I have not changed any of the filer meds yet. I have a bubbler and a marineland and aquiline filter. Water quality is good on all test and I do 50/75 water changes dalily.

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: My Filter and Fish Color

If you haven't painted the back of your tank, and it sounds like you haven't, you can play around with different colors painted on a piece of board, and play around with the lighting as well. My spotted eruptions show up well with a black background, and the florescent lighting that i use. Not knowing what else you have with your 4 discus, but i would probably suggest adding another 4 to the group
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Default Re: My Filter and Fish Color

Quote Originally Posted by Lewjo11 View Post
    I have been up and running now for 2 months. I have a 90+ Gal tank and have 4 Discus. 2 of my discus have black stress lines. I have a green vegetation type backgrand. Would a light blue background draw out more of the blue color. What can I do to bring out more of these colors. ALSO I have not changed any of the filer meds yet. I have a bubbler and a marineland and aquiline filter. Water quality is good on all test and I do 50/75 water changes dalily.
    What strains do you have? Is this tank BB or substrate ?

I noticed a blue background actually caused blue peppering in my PBs

How old are the fish? As they mature colors become much more vibrant. LED lighting is a good option also as you can customize it to your tank
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is