ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Is Furan 2 mixed into or soaked in food possible or a good idea?

Real Name
    Sean

Default Is Furan 2 mixed into or soaked in food possible or a good idea?

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with mixing or soaking furan 2 into food and if so was it effective and how much did you use? Also how long did you do the treatment for?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Is Furan 2 mixed into or soaked in food possible or a good idea?

Hi Sean, I have always used Furan 2 as a bath as it is intended for external use. The container of Furan 2 has a scoop which treats 20 gallons. I generally add salt to the tank when treating with Furan 2 as it seems to help. Generally treat for a minimum of four days. Personally I do not think it is a good idea to mix with food based on my first statement.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Mervin

I have put it in food.FDBW's soak it up well.One scoop to one cube,let soak for a while just so the worms are covered with water..(Seems) to work better for diseases like septicemia(blood born).I would treat for a least a week to 10 days with any antibiotic.

Real Name
    Sean

Do you guys know of a vendor where I can buy the container with the scoop? I've only seen the packets on amazon. I ordered 3x of the three 10 packet boxes kits (90 packets altogether). Each 3 box kit was $17 and each packet treats 10 gallons but it requires daily dosing.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Looks like it is available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/API-FURAN-2-P...ran+2+for+fish.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Mervin

I found small digital scales at Walmart for $20........0.00/g