AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Welcome to the Hood Elliot (pastry)

Default Re: Welcome to the Hood Elliot (pastry)

-Elliot

Default Re: Welcome to the Hood Elliot (pastry)

Well... discus not doing so hot. With all the corners I cut (no quarantine of new fish, using random dw, not aging water, only 2 70% WCs a week, etc) then it's no wonder I haven't had more problems in the past.

Lost my biggest discus (1/32" shy of being 7" long) and another one that I've always been kind of "meh..." about. My 3 new ones are fine (eating, active, no problems) but last 5 of original crew not well. All other fish & shrimp have been totally fine. Although my Gh/Kh is damn near 0 and I've started using baking soda until I get crushed coral (because ph has been nose diving... 7.8 putting in then in like 12-24 hours it's 6.2-6.4), I think it could be something only affecting older discus. I'm sure ph instability hasn't helped but I don't think it's the root cause.

Ah well, I'm an idiot. I always learn the hard way. Moving in about 1.5-2 months and definitely setting up tank the right way at next place (sump, plumbing designed for even easier WCs, hidden water aging barrel, dedicated QT tank, etc).

Hoping current living group survives. We shall see.
    -Elliot

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345