Real Name
    Julian

Default My new addition L-14 Goldie

So I got hands on this beauty, looking for one for ages

IMG_2130 (2).JPG
    IMG_2131 (2).JPG
    IMG_2132 (2).JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Default Re: My new addition L-14 Goldie

Wow that's nice
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Julian

Thanks Ryan
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Real Name
    Phil

Very nice ! Care to share more info on them and why you like them and have been seeking one. How did you end up getting one ?

Also and thanks for using the common name as well. Saves me some Google time searching the L number

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Very nice ! Care to share more info on them and why you like them and have been seeking one. How did you end up getting one ?
    IMO, this is the most suited loricaridae (pleco) for Discus Fish tank, loves the high temperature, and is mostly a carnivore, so it will eat the left overs from discus in a sense. plus it looks pretty cool.
    Their scientific name is:
    (Scobinancistrus aureatus) scobin means something sawdust and ancistrus I believe is about the hook in the mouth, and of course aureatus with means gold. Planetcatfish.com has better explanation.
    One thing I do want to mention make sure you buy a goldie L-14 and not L-253 Scobinancistrus. aka False Goldie. it is a beautiful fish but their fins are not yellow like a real goldie with dorsal , pectoral and caudal totally yellow or gold.
    Last edited by Pardal; 08-09-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Also and thanks for using the common name as well. Saves me some Google time searching the L number
    Yes the Goldie demands a high price ticket , and there are rumors is going to be banned, for export/import, sometimes is just a business strategy to raise the prices, but I can see the former too, populations can be in trouble. I agree as long as it is for the whole world, and not only for USA.
    And Japan , German continuing importing because they tend to pay a higher price for it.
    Last edited by Pardal; 08-08-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Real Name
    Phil

Dare I ask what they go for
    Last edited by Pardal; 08-09-2017 at 01:42 AM.

Real Name
    Julian

Juveniles go for $195 around 3~ 4 inches Adults go for $275 over 6" sub-adults and 8" to 12" adults.
    although I saw a guy in San Diego asking $275 for the juvies.

And this is not the most expensive pleco out there, we already know about the zebra but the goldie or Sunshine pleco goes hand to hand with the zebra.

IMO The most expensive is the Hypostomus Luteous. common name Sailfin Goldie or Yellow Sailfin pleco , this guy is the opposite to the goldie and other fancy plecos that tend to fade as they get older , the Hypotomus Luteous gets more yellow the whole body , the price well is crazy a phase 2-3 go for $1000.00.
    I am not ready to pay a grand for a fish yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pardal View Post
    Juveniles go for $195 around 3~ 4 inches Adults go for $275 over 6" sub-adults and 8" to 12" adults.
    although I saw a guy in San Diego asking $275 for the juvies.

And this is not the most expensive pleco out there, we already know about the zebra but the goldie or Sunshine pleco goes hand to hand with the zebra.

IMO The most expensive is the Hypostomus Luteous. common name Sailfin Goldie or Yellow Sailfin pleco , this guy is the opposite to the goldie and other fancy plecos that tend to fade as they get older , the Hypotomus Luteous gets more yellow the whole body , the price well is crazy a phase 2-3 go for $1000.00.
    I am not ready to pay a grand for a fish yet.
    Lol that's so funny I just sent Phil a pic of that exact same $1000 pleco the other day

Real Name
    Tobi

Nice one. I have a thing for plecos myself.
    And price wise, a top quality discus will set you back about the same amount.
    Regards,
    Tobi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wild Blues/Browns/Reds
    Wild Heckels
    Wild Greens

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Swedgin View Post
    Nice one. I have a thing for plecos myself.
    And price wise, a top quality discus will set you back about the same amount.
    Absolutely, agree.