ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: My DisKus Gold food...A Pleco Pleaser!

Default My DisKus Gold food...A Pleco Pleaser!

Hi all,
    Sometimes you come across a food that was designed with one species of fish in mind and it just works amazingly for another... The Diskus Gold I sell is by my experiences one of those. Back in the first week of July I got a group of 20 small juvenile bristlenose plecos from my friend Jeff (zimmjeff on Simply). I have never had great luck with plecos as my fishroom was just too hot. But I wanted to try starting a colony since I no longer have the hot fishroom. I also wanted to try out a higher protein food and it had to be one I had on hand, Bristlenose plecos are pretty easy going feeders but I tried out all my foods and they clearly preferred the Diskus Gold.. so I went with that. I raised the plecos in a 55 ga tank with lots of driftwood and fed them the Diskus Gold exclusively. I have not lost one Pleco yet and they grew incredibly fast. I can't tell you how many fry are in that tank, it seems like every week theres a new group of tiny ones..So many that I need to start up a few more tanks for them. This obviously isn't a scientific experiment nor am I trying to say that this food is perfect for a plecos dietary needs. It does however appear to meet those needs when drtiftwood is also present and it definitely gives them the nutrition to grow fast and breed .

Take my observations here with a large grain of salt.... but I am sticking with this food for my Pleco colony!

Best always,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: My DisKus Gold food...A Pleco Pleaser!

Hey Al that's really cool. My BNP in my community tank also loves the discus gold. My community tank gets the benefit of all the discus leftovers. They usually get a mixture of all the "shake" from worms, pellets and flakes
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Hey Al that's really cool. My BNP in my community tank also loves the discus gold. My community tank gets the benefit of all the discus leftovers. They usually get a mixture of all the "shake" from worms, pellets and flakes

Glad to hear that Ryan!

These guys are real hard to take pics of and forget counting...Theres so much cover I can count over 50 fry of various sizes visible... but who knows how many more are there. I also can see at least a pair with fry.

IMGP2494

IMGP2493

IMGP2492

IMGP2487

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Al, I have some of your DisKus Gold food, it is loved most by my plecos, corydoras and my anamo shrimp. Cleithracara maroniii also munch it down as it falls through the water column.
    ~JACKLYN~

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Glad to hear that Ryan!

These guys are real hard to take pics of and forget counting...Theres so much cover I can count over 50 fry of various sizes visible... but who knows how many more are there. I also can see at least a pair with fry.

IMGP2494

IMGP2493

IMGP2492

IMGP2487

al
    That's pretty cool. I imagine breeding plecos is pretty interesting. My little BNP was tiny when I got it but is growing like crazy in my planted tank

I think all the fish really benefit from the quality discus food. My rainbow shark is a fat boy
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is