AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Worms, bacterial infection??? Something else?

Default Worms, bacterial infection??? Something else?

HomeForumMain Discus TopicsDisease/Sickness and MedicationEmergency Room Disease Questionnaire - please complete

BEFORE starting a new thread requesting help, please copy and paste the Disease Questionnaire and fill in the required information.Please click here for the Questionnaire!

***** Please note that though this section is here for you to use freely it can only be here by the generosity of others. Please consider donating to the forum or becoming a Premium Member*****.

To become a Premium Member...Click Here!!

To donate...Click Here!!

A Member in Need of Our Help. Help Save a Life, Please Read Details Here
    Thread: Disease Questionnaire - please complete
    Search Thread
    08-07-2004, 11:27 PM
    Default Disease Questionnaire - please complete

Please complete this questionnaire if your fish are sick (copy and paste). The more details you can provide, the better we are able to diagnose and help you treat your sick fish.

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Hello,

I am trying not to over react and treat with meds unless it's necessary. The affected fish schools with the others and does eat a little, but not like it previously. He has a swollen abdomen and breathes rapidly. He hides after nibbling on food, most of which is spitten out. It does eat some though. Thanks for your help!

- Mark

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?
    3 days ago i noticed leopard had a swollen abdomen. He is also breathing rapidly. I treated with Epsom salt first with 1 tbs. Per 10 gallon with no results. I then upped it 2 2 tbsp. No improvement. Have not seen a bowel movement and abdomen still swollen. He does eat but spits most the food out.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

Swollen abdomen. Rapid breathing. He hides somewhat after he eats. Consumes small amounts. Spits most good out.

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

Epsom salt
    1 tbsp. Per 10 gallons for 24 hours
    Then two tbsp per 10 gallons for 4 hours

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.
    90 gallon. 9 juvies up to 4 inches

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).
    70% daily

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

5 weeks ( seeded filters) bare bottom

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.
    Yes.. 24 hours

8. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp __82___

- ph ___8.1__

- ammonia reading _0___

- nitrite reading _0___

- nitrate reading ___5_

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water _x___

- RO water ____

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.

No

10. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.

Brine shrimp, fbw, fdbw, ocean nutrition flakes

3-4 times daily
    11. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-27-2017 at 078-08-2004,
    Default Reisease Questionnaire - please complete

Quick Navigation Emergency Room Top