AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Are these fish ok with discus

Registered Member

Default Are these fish ok with discus

Hi I have a tank full of mollys and guppys. Also only one 4 inch commen pleco. I have a 30 gallon fish tank with stand.I am doing my research before I buy discus fish but I was wondering would I be able to put discus fish with these fish. I am afraid the pleco will eat the slime coat. I am 10 years old.

Real Name
    Julian

Default Re: Are these fish ok with discus

Not all the pleco's will eat the slime coat, specially if you feed them well, it is more about an specific individual that species type. I have never had any problem although I have kept , L-14, L-15 , L-134 , L- 144, and L-81. believe or not I have problem with otto's with are suppose to be vegetarians.
    for the live bears like molly's and guppies some people keep them to provide extra forage when they have babies as a protein rich snack.
    They are OK if you don't mind to break the bio- tope, their parameters are a kind of different and, they are a more busy on the water column , other than that they are OK at the end if your tank , your fish and your choice .
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Real Name
    Phil

Are you keeping them in the 30? Or getting anbigger tank ?

Registered Member

I'm asking for a 55 gallon aquarium for Christmas

Real Name
    Phil

I would not add anything to that car and set up and would wait until you get a bigger tank to do bare bottom Discus only you can do five or six fish in a 55 gallon with good maintenance