So, I had a couple heart attacks (not literally) this weekend.

I decided to put a frosted window film on the back and sides of the tank. In order to do so, I had to remove the paper covering the bottom of the tank. There was all sorts of black silicone holding it onto plastic tabs that were built into the bottom of the black plastic frame of the aquarium.

I didn't want to remove too much of it as some of the silicone seemed to be in the form of a foot that fit into the bottom frame.

After putting on the window film, I was disappointed because it was too transparent and didn't hide the cords behind the aquarium and the black of the stand left the bottom looking pretty dark.

I wanted to try to keep some of the window film texture, so I ended up painting over the window film with a paint that is supposed to adhere to just about anything. (PPG Breakthrough - not cheap!)

I am satisfied with the outcome even though it is not near perfect. There are a few blemishes and flaws. Things that I couldn't cover and bubbles that showed up after painting. But here is how it looks after the painting:
Fluval Roma 240 after painting back and bottom.jpg