AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Salt bath and Sterbie corydoras

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sayid

Default Salt bath and Sterbie corydoras

Hello every one;
    I have a 55 g tank with 5 adult discus and 6 sterbie cories ,i have a gill fluke problem but it is not critical every now and then when the breathing gets too rapid i treat the whole tank with 2mg per ml of PP for 4 hours and that reduces the number of gill flukes and slows the breathing ,i also have put a few individual discus in 10 mg per ml of PP for 30 minutes in clean bucket . This works for about 2 months or so and then gradually the number of flukes increases .
    My question is can i use salt bath for the cories , i am sure that discus can handle the salt bath 2 times per week for 4 weeks to break the cycle and place in a clean tank but what about the cories ?
    The intention is to eradicate the gill fluke ,am i dreaming the impossible ?
    Your comments are appreciated . Thanks

Default Re: Salt bath and Sterbie corydoras

Sayid thats a tricky question.. Generally most fresh water fish can take a salt bath. You just have to be watchful when they roll over and get them back into fresh water asap. If this were me, I would try it first on one of the sterbai , it would be good to work out the timing as far as how long they can stay without rolling....

I don't think its impossible to eradicate, but its sure is not Easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why Flukes are called the gift that keeps giving.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sayid

Default Re: Salt bath and Sterbie corydoras

Thanks al for the very quick reply ,that is a good suggestion ,i have one cute sterbai who has lost an eye and he is going to be the brave hero .
    thanks again.