AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Salt bath and Sterbie corydoras

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sayid

Default Salt bath and Sterbie corydoras

Hello every one;
    I have a 55 g tank with 5 adult discus and 6 sterbie cories ,i have a gill fluke problem but it is not critical every now and then when the breathing gets too rapid i treat the whole tank with 2mg per ml of PP for 4 hours and that reduces the number of gill flukes and slows the breathing ,i also have put a few individual discus in 10 mg per ml of PP for 30 minutes in clean bucket . This works for about 2 months or so and then gradually the number of flukes increases .
    My question is can i use salt bath for the cories , i am sure that discus can handle the salt bath 2 times per week for 4 weeks to break the cycle and place in a clean tank but what about the cories ?
    The intention is to eradicate the gill fluke ,am i dreaming the impossible ?
    Your comments are appreciated . Thanks

Default Re: Salt bath and Sterbie corydoras

Sayid thats a tricky question.. Generally most fresh water fish can take a salt bath. You just have to be watchful when they roll over and get them back into fresh water asap. If this were me, I would try it first on one of the sterbai , it would be good to work out the timing as far as how long they can stay without rolling....

I don't think its impossible to eradicate, but its sure is not Easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why Flukes are called the gift that keeps giving.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sayid

Default Re: Salt bath and Sterbie corydoras

Thanks al for the very quick reply ,that is a good suggestion ,i have one cute sterbai who has lost an eye and he is going to be the brave hero .
    thanks again.