AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: My Dark fish

Registered Member

Default My Dark fish

I've had my tank up and running since April. I started with 4 and about a month ago I got 4 more. One of the 1st original fish had gotten really dark almost black! All other fish are fine. The dark fish gets picked on alot! He still eats! Will this fish get better over time? Don't think it's a Heath thing cause it eats and will get some color back off and on. Mostly off. It's about 3.5 inches and a do have a 10g tank I could start up and place him alone in? Maybe add some other type of fish in it. Until it's stonger?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

Default Re: My Dark fish

I would recommend to fill out the disease questionnaire even if u don't think the fish is sick because it helps ppl get a better overall idea to figure out what might be wrong: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lease-complete

Pics and video would help too.

Real Name
    Kevin

Default Re: My Dark fish

One of my neon sapphires turns dark blue, almost black every time he's guarding eggs or has fry surrounding him. I think it has something to do with him warning off the other fish and also helps the fry attach to him when they become free swimming.