AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a Foster Parent!

Default I am a Foster Parent!

Wife and I became Foster Parents August 1 to a little boy barely 4 yrs old. it was a little bumpy the first few weeks but we are smooth sailing! We won't know the ultmiate outcome for another 10 months or so.. whether he goes back to a family member or we are able to adopt him.
    this weekend we are going to take in a Trio (7G, 4B, 4G) that parental rights were terminated Monday. They are staying for us to bond and repeat this more until all involved feel the transition into our home is right and for us to start the Adoption process..

I will have three 4 yr olds and a 7.. Wish us luck!!

anyone else have Adoption/Foster Experience.. ?
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member

Default Re: I am a Foster Parent!

Thank you for being a foster parent.

Real Name
    Matt

It's a great thing y'all are doing! I wish you the best of luck!

Judging from what I read on facebook, you've had the dad jokes down for quite a while now so I suspect you'll be great.
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Wife and I became Foster Parents August 1 to a little boy barely 4 yrs old. it was a little bumpy the first few weeks but we are smooth sailing! We won't know the ultmiate outcome for another 10 months or so.. whether he goes back to a family member or we are able to adopt him.
    this weekend we are going to take in a Trio (7G, 4B, 4G) that parental rights were terminated Monday. They are staying for us to bond and repeat this more until all involved feel the transition into our home is right and for us to start the Adoption process..

I will have three 4 yr olds and a 7.. Wish us luck!!

anyone else have Adoption/Foster Experience.. ?

Skip thats Awesome! I guess you could say I have experience. Growing up my parents took in many foster children over a span of 20 plus years. Literally dozens and dozens. They had huge hearts. Some were special needs,many from drug afflicted households. Many were reunited with their birth families but Over that time period they adopted 7 . Im the oldest of 11 children at this point Ranging from 20 yrs old to 49.

What you and your wife are doing is giving kids a chance at normal life .. its a huge gift... Im really happy for you. Oh by the way.. my parents took in a trio also.. 2 boys and a girl. They were not much older than yours. They are some of my adopted brothers and sisters.We are all close and get together as family often.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Skip, taking kids into your life can be one of the most rewarding experiences ever. Hoping this works out for you, your family and the kids involved.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

This is great news Skip! Do you have some fish the kids can help you with? Fun for all!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Good luck Skip. You have a lot of love in your heart. You are a fine man.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jim

What an incrediblly awesome thing to do!!
    ... Born under a Bad Sign ...

Real Name
    Ralph

That is amazing news Skip...Congrates to you and Rosanna.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    Eric

Congratulations and huge respect to you and your spouse. What a beautiful act of love and generosity

UPDATE!!

the Trio parental rights not terminated yet.. HOWEVER.. CPS sees no kin that will want or be able to get approved by CPS.. so they are moving the kids towards non-kinship adoption..

AND.. they chose us to bring in the Siblings!!! 7 yr old G, Twins, B/G 4 yrs.!! parental rights should be terminated in Jan... we have to foster the kids for 6 months prior to adopting.. that means about April.. so sometime in the spring.. we should be officially the parents!! the current Boy 4 yrs.. is only 3 months into the system.. but neither parent seems to be doing anything other the visiting him 1x Week for 2 hours.. we told CPS we would adopt him.. when/if need arises!!

A non profit is donating 4 twins beds and 3 booster seats.. and deliver them to us on friday.. i will pick up the Tres on Saturday!!

I can't tell you how much my heart is beaming with pride and love on this journey!! going for zero kids.. to four in 3 months!!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Skip thats Awesome! I guess you could say I have experience. Growing up my parents took in many foster children over a span of 20 plus years. Literally dozens and dozens. They had huge hearts. Some were special needs,many from drug afflicted households. Many were reunited with their birth families but Over that time period they adopted 7 . Im the oldest of 11 children at this point Ranging from 20 yrs old to 49.

What you and your wife are doing is giving kids a chance at normal life .. its a huge gift... Im really happy for you. Oh by the way.. my parents took in a trio also.. 2 boys and a girl. They were not much older than yours. They are some of my adopted brothers and sisters.We are all close and get together as family often.

Al
    the kids were separated at first.. but the current foster family wants to continue to foster only.. so we were asked next.. from the start.. i wanted a sibling group.. cuz of the many kids.. that get pulled out of bad houses.. but then get split up.. and maybe never see each other again.. my mission was to make sure a family set stayed together!! and if had a bigger house.. i would get more! seeing the kids in system hurts my heart!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    the kids were separated at first.. but the current foster family wants to continue to foster only.. so we were asked next.. from the start.. i wanted a sibling group.. cuz of the many kids.. that get pulled out of bad houses.. but then get split up.. and maybe never see each other again.. my mission was to make sure a family set stayed together!! and if had a bigger house.. i would get more! seeing the kids in system hurts my heart!
    Skip, When they Grow up, they will thank you for this and the chance you are giving them. Nice to see a ray of light in an often times dark world.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Skip, When they Grow up, they will thank you for this and the chance you are giving them. Nice to see a ray of light in an often times dark world.

al

at 48.. i am just happy that i have a chance of being a grandparent someday!!!!!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

its official.. we got the siblings Saturday!!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast