AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to figure out who to order my discus from

Registered Member
    Real Name
    José Herrera

Default Trying to figure out who to order my discus from

Has anybody ordered their discus from more than one of the vendors. I am looking at Jack Wattley, Kenny's Discus, Discus Hans, and maybe Uncle Sam's discus (If they are still in business).

Your experience with each vendor is super valuable information. If you care to share, both good and bad, I would greatly appreciate it. I am mostly concerned with the quality of the fish and then customer service second.

Again, any help is much appreciated.

Che

Default Re: Trying to figure out who to order my discus from

All my fish are from Kenny. His fish are all if the highest of quality and his customer service is above and beyond.

You would do well with any of the sponsors you have listed. It's personal preference really.
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Rob

You can't go wrong with any of those you mentioned as well as any sponsor on this website. Another few you may want to look into: Discus Madness, Mac's Discus, Pet Zone, Discusguy.com, Myrtle Beach Discus.
    Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by CheChe View Post
    Has anybody ordered their discus from more than one of the vendors. I am looking at Jack Wattley, Kenny's Discus, Discus Hans, and maybe Uncle Sam's discus (If they are still in business).

Your experience with each vendor is super valuable information. If you care to share, both good and bad, I would greatly appreciate it. I am mostly concerned with the quality of the fish and then customer service second.

Again, any help is much appreciated.

Che
    Hi Che, I would suggest you check out the livestock review section of the forum some which include the sponsors and discus vendors mentioned.
    Pat
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Mike

You are better off sticking with the sponsors here. You are taking your chances with general internet sites. Al (simplydiscus owner) has a pretty good feel for whats going on in the discus market and there have been some that have come and gone here because they are a little questionable. Can't go wrong with Kenny for quality and service. There may be some dealers out there with quality discus but why risk it when you have a reliable and trusted source right here?

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Kenny

I've always wanted to go with Kenny's Discus because of all the good experiences I've heard of, but ordering to my location wasn't possible logistically. I have received orders from Discus suppliers in Florida, Wattley's and DiscusUSA. My experience; both have good customer service but Wattley's fish are better quality (better health on arrival, less physical defects), larger size and less expensive. Otherwise both suppliers have really nice fish imo.

Real Name
    Filip

I agree with the rest of the advice's given , and I'll just add an advice NOT to buy your stock from different vendors because you risk the common issues of cross - contamination .Buy them all from one place if you are about to keep them together , In the same tank .
    Good luck with your choice Jose .

Registered Member
    Real Name
    José Herrera

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Buy them all from one place if you are about to keep them together.
    I have heard this before and am planning on ordering all my fish at the same time from the same place.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    José Herrera

Thanks for pointing this out. Great advice!

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

If you don't want to mess with quarantining fish you not only want to buy them from the same place you should also do it at the same time.

I've bought fish from both Hans and Kenny, directly and indirectly, and been happy with both. It just depends what you're looking for.

Registered Member

I'm a firm believer in Kenny's Discus. High quality fish and the absolutely best customer service. He has a passion for the Discus hobby and it shows in everything he does.
    Zippy

I have only bought from Hans but if I ever do a Asian strain tank it WILL be from Kenny - both are amazing. Between the two, I think if you have patience and can wait for a shipment Kenny is you man - if you want to know you can order basically at any time, Hans.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Frank

Got mine from Myrtle Beach discus. Great communication, packaging, cost, and quality.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    George

I got my discus from a person who is not a sponsor on here, i will never do that again! I wont say names or nothing but they are mentioned here. The reason i got them cause he was local. And i am an impulse type of person. Lots of peppering on them some stunted. Then i made the mistake of getting a "breeding pair" from the same source. the supposed pair are beautiful with no peppering and very healthy but show no interest in nothing but food. I have been told several times to be patient, but have been for almost a year. i am setting up a new tank to get some nice quality fish for a tank in my living room and will definitely be using a sponsor!!! Sorry for the rant guys.

Real Name
    Ryan

James Perrenod @ discus r us
    Josie & Miranda @ chicago discus
    Kenny @ kennys discus.

I do not recommend uncle sams.
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast