AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Question about eheim installation kit

Silver Member

Default Question about eheim installation kit

I am using the eheim installation kits on my 2 - 2217 filters and something occurred to me.....can i use the outlet spray- bar as the intake pipe? I ask because it occurred to me, and it almost happened.. i had a slow leak on my intake hose at the filter and the tank started to siphon. i caught it in time, but if i didn't, the water would have leaked over 2/3 the tank, 72 gallon. if i use the outlet spray-bar as the intake, the siphon would break when it reached the highest hole on the pipe..does that make sense and is it possible?

thanks,
    jim

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Charles

Default Re: Question about eheim installation kit

I'd address the problem with the intake, it shouldn't leak. Do you have plumbers tape on the threads where the intake attaches to the canister?

Silver Member

It leaked bcause the screw down connector to the hose loosened.. i tightened it to stop the leak.

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

The downside to the spraybar is that during water changes if the water drops below the topmost hole then the part of pipe from the waterlevel upwards will empry and when you restart the filter it will have to go through the filter. Just a few days ago one of my dogs pulled the pipe a little loose from one of the filters of one of my mbuna tanks. Woke up to about 50 gallons on the living room floor, not funny. Starting to consider a bulk pyrchase of wifi flood sensors...

Silver Member

thanks. i also realized that if i use the spray-bar that way, the holes will act as a siphon and clog up with all the crap in the tank.