ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: New look same old tank

Real Name
    Julian

Default New look same old tank

Just playing with the tank design, while given a profilatic PP.
    IMG_2397 (2).jpg
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default Re: New look same old tank

Nice Julian, and what a great piece of wood!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Julian

Thanks Barb, I placed this manzanita upside down before, but I think this way is more appealing, reduced the amount of other drift woods since this tank is kind of Cube shape and look to crowd it.
    I went also back to a very simple old school , took off the over flow( it was a pain to clean daily) and the sump, just plain old power filters and sponges, I know we can see the heaters but is a compromise I can live with it.

Julian.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Are the cords on the heaters long enough to have the heaters lie on the bottom of the tank at the back? If not, is there a safe extension cord to use, that would have the cord connections way far from the water?
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Are the cords on the heaters long enough to have the heaters lie on the bottom of the tank at the back? If not, is there a safe extension cord to use, that would have the cord connections way far from the water?
    Barb
    Thanks Barb
    Will give it a shot with an extension the bottom I don't know why I didn't thought on that . I do it all the time in my other tanks, tank is 30" that is why takes so much cord.
    Julian
    Last edited by Pardal; 10-17-2017 at 08:39 PM.