Kenny's Discus     Aquatic foods

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Your Opinions

  1. #1
    Registered Member Myerushalmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Mike

    Default Your Opinions

    So my discus get a mix of Hikari frozen jumbo bloodworms and Hikari Discus mix which consists of shrimp, squid, brine shrimp, rotifer, blood worms, and spiraling. I recently added Marineland color-enhancing Tropical Flakes to their diet and they seem to be enjoying it. What are your thoughts on brands and diet?
    Thanks for reading!

  2. #2
    Registered Member Ryan925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    SF bay area
    Posts
    2,927
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    Default Re: Your Opinions

    Try freeze dried blackworms and some high quality pellet good like bio gold or discus chow. Honestly you can lose the frozen blood worms
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

  3. #3
    Registered Member bluelagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Halifax,Canada
    Posts
    1,132
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Mervin

    Default Re: Your Opinions

    Or try the freeze dried blood worms,instead of the wet ones,which contain mostly water.The protein in the dried blood worms are similar in protein content of dried black worms.

  4. #4
    Registered Member Myerushalmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Mike

    Default Re: Your Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    Or try the freeze dried blood worms,instead of the wet ones,which contain mostly water.The protein in the dried blood worms are similar in protein content of dried black worms.
    So freeze dried is definitely better than frozen?
    Thanks for reading!

  5. #5
    Registered Member LizStreithorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Moselle, MS
    Posts
    5,834
    iTrader
    12 (100%)

    Default Re: Your Opinions

    Freeze dried is only better because you're not paying for shipping water. The freeze dried ones float but Discus can be trained to go to the top for food,
    Mama Bear

  6. #6
    Registered Member Myerushalmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Mike

    Default Re: Your Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Freeze dried is only better because you're not paying for shipping water. The freeze dried ones float but Discus can be trained to go to the top for food,
    If they have the same nutrition value in good paying for them. My discus have trouble eating anything that floats.
    Thanks for reading!

  7. #7
    Registered Member Ryan925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    SF bay area
    Posts
    2,927
    iTrader
    2 (100%)

    Default Re: Your Opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Myerushalmi View Post
    If they have the same nutrition value in good paying for them. My discus have trouble eating anything that floats.
    All new foods take time especially floating foods. I have been slowly training mine to surface feed. They are getting the hang of eating floating pellets at the moment
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Cafepress             AquaticSuppliers.com