ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Meet Ichigo, my only named fish.

Default Meet Ichigo, my only named fish.

I dont think I have ever named a fish but if I did It was long long ago. This angelfish has a rather unique story and has turned out incredibly well. It has great personality and has earned a name and pet status.

2017-10-21 08.56.09.jpg

2017-10-21 08.54.52.jpg

Its story is as follows.....
    I had bought a 55 gal tank used that came with 3 silver angels. I did not plan on breeding them or even keeping them but a pair formed. They spawned just before a 7 day trip we took. I did not figure anything would survive.The adults were fed freeze dried blackworms in my absence every other day. When we returned there was no sign of babies as I had figured.

I moved the angels to a tank upstairs, drained the tank and moved it sponge and all to a new location. Filled up and added a would be pair of bristlenose plecos,some driftwood and walked away. I had no light on the tank..its a 20 long.

A few days latter I saw what could only be a baby angelfish in the tank. I somehow missed the little guy when I drained the tank. I feed my plecos my DiskusGold crumble and its soft enough for the angel fry so he survived on it..

I really did not think it would survive and if it did I figured it would be stunted ,deformed etc from lack of care in its early days before I saw it....I was glad to see otherwise. Its really turned out to be an incredible Angelfish with really nice fins.

I liked it so much that I set its parents up in a tank to breed them.Hopefully get a tank of them going.
    -al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: Meet Ichigo, my only named fish.

Ichigo's parents..

2017-10-21 09.32.59.jpg

Their fins arent as long but they obviously carry the genetic potential. Their eyes are nice though and they are healthy.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images