ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Meet Ichigo, my only named fish.

Default Meet Ichigo, my only named fish.

I dont think I have ever named a fish but if I did It was long long ago. This angelfish has a rather unique story and has turned out incredibly well. It has great personality and has earned a name and pet status.

2017-10-21 08.56.09.jpg

2017-10-21 08.54.52.jpg

Its story is as follows.....
    I had bought a 55 gal tank used that came with 3 silver angels. I did not plan on breeding them or even keeping them but a pair formed. They spawned just before a 7 day trip we took. I did not figure anything would survive.The adults were fed freeze dried blackworms in my absence every other day. When we returned there was no sign of babies as I had figured.

I moved the angels to a tank upstairs, drained the tank and moved it sponge and all to a new location. Filled up and added a would be pair of bristlenose plecos,some driftwood and walked away. I had no light on the tank..its a 20 long.

A few days latter I saw what could only be a baby angelfish in the tank. I somehow missed the little guy when I drained the tank. I feed my plecos my DiskusGold crumble and its soft enough for the angel fry so he survived on it..

I really did not think it would survive and if it did I figured it would be stunted ,deformed etc from lack of care in its early days before I saw it....I was glad to see otherwise. Its really turned out to be an incredible Angelfish with really nice fins.

I liked it so much that I set its parents up in a tank to breed them.Hopefully get a tank of them going.
    -al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: Meet Ichigo, my only named fish.

Ichigo's parents..

2017-10-21 09.32.59.jpg

Their fins arent as long but they obviously carry the genetic potential. Their eyes are nice though and they are healthy.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images