AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Fluidized Filtration

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Anthony

Default Fluidized Filtration

Hello everyone! I have a question in fluidized filtration. I currently have a 215g with a 55g sump that I want to completely redo into a large discus tank. Would a fluidized media bed be a good option for about 10-12 discus my tank? I've been caring for fish for 6-7 years and have always been intimidated by discus but now that I'm reading up on them I am fascinated by them! They are beautiful! Open to all suggestions, tips, or personal experiences. Thank you!

Default Re: Fluidized Filtration

Fluidized has many benefits. I considered while constructing my sump but eventually decided against it just because I didn't want to have the necessary air pumps running. Sumps for discus tanks can be very simple or you can make them very elaborate. That's the beauty of a sump is the endless possibilities for customization. Good mechanical filtration and lots of bio media is all you really need but you can customize per your needs
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Anthony

Default Re: Fluidized Filtration

Thank you. I have my sump set up now but do want to change some things that I've noticed from the past year of maintenance. I didn't know if it would be more benificial having a fluidized sump.