ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! What is happening to my water??

Registered Member
    Real Name
    george melendez

Default Re: HELP! What is happening to my water??

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreBraap View Post
    I agree and would love to know the cause. It was almost like new tank syndrome after I cleaned out the filter & media, then I was sick and out of commission for over a week and was unable to do any ware changes during this time, so I just assumed poor WC schedule as well as cleaning maybe TOO much of the BB out of the filter and it just could keep up.
    The continued blackout, minimal feeding and daily sate changes have showed big improvement over the last 3 days.
    You don't ever want to clean your entire pump at once, i usually just use sponge filter media. when i service a pump I do half the pump at a time and just basically wash off the excess residue off in old fishtank water, never do the whole pump at a time and never use tap water always use old fishtank water that you have removed from your tanks. You can wipe out all your beneficial bacteria and kill the cycle in your tank if your not careful and that can cause cloudiness in your water.

Real Name
    Sabrina

Default Re: HELP! What is happening to my water??

Wow, i have seen some algae water blooms but nothing like this lol Id be worried my fish were going to turn green too!
    I hope things are better now, sorry i laughed but ive never seen anything like it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12