AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken thread - remaking it. Discus are all stressed, all showing different symptoms.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Chris

Default Re: Broken thread - remaking it. Discus are all stressed, all showing different sympt

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    If they were my discus,I would try the MG&F first.It might knock the filter back and is hard on plants.Make sure lights are off during any treatments.If no improvements in 2-3 days,I'd go with the Furan2 and raise the temp and had an air stone.It looks like it's getting kinda late and time is ticking;you need to do something.
    I have seen a bit of improvement with several 75% water changes over the past few days and an increase in temperature. Everybody came out to eat at the same time last night, and I’ve been seeing some curiosity instead of hiding. I would like to continue with big water changes to see if they continue to improve. But if by the weekend they don’t I will begin treatment.

What exactly did you mean by MG&F?

Real Name
    Mervin

Default Re: Broken thread - remaking it. Discus are all stressed, all showing different sympt

I made a typo.Do not increase temp with Furan 2.Melachite green and formulin.It is an old med and cheap.Works on most parasites and some bacterial infections

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12