Kenny's Discus     Aquatic foods

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: DIY "Anoxic Filtration System" eliminates nitrates? Anyone tried this?

Blog Entries
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Patty

Default Re: DIY "Anoxic Filtration System" eliminates nitrates? Anyone tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by farebox View Post
    Sure would like to know too? Also any update info on all folks using the Anoxic Filtration System on their discus tanks sure would be appreciated. Mine being going since 5/18/18 for my 125 gallon tank.
    I’ve posted that I wasn’t having any luck, my nitrates staying at 10. I finally took them out for that reason. I like having a clean sump again. That’s my update. Would like to hear from others too.
    Patty
    If the discus are happy, Iím happy

iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Default Re: DIY "Anoxic Filtration System" eliminates nitrates? Anyone tried this?

On my second go around with the BCB's, I rinsed the hell out the special cat litter, lined my baskets with weed blocker to help to kept the cat litter dust inside of the baskets, and made an core in the middle of the baskets for the flourite red. Since the restart on 5/18/18 the system has been running okay. Weekly 50% water changes on my 125 gallon tank and when test for NO3 is constantly 2-5ppm. Water has never looked this good....

iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Also just removed all baskets and emptied the sump and gave an good cleaning out. Replace all baskets and refilled with fresh tap with same Seachem Safe. Up and running again.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344