Dennis Discus     AquaticSuppliers.com

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: DIY "Anoxic Filtration System" eliminates nitrates? Anyone tried this?

iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Default Re: DIY "Anoxic Filtration System" eliminates nitrates? Anyone tried this?

Hey you all please check his video out on anxoic filteration system: https://youtu.be/jfPy8HGxSmA

iTrader

Default Re: DIY "Anoxic Filtration System" eliminates nitrates? Anyone tried this?

wow, this thread is still going and might be the view record holder, good for the site at least. youtube is notifying my of more novak videos. good luck if it works for you, but i gave it a year, got rid of them all, only thing i got out of it was kitty litter debris still in my sump.

iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Hey Jack L I did the same thing a awhile back, but this time I only made one big basket and found some laterite on e-Bay. So far none of the kitty litter has spilled out of the basket. Only 7 days in and all seems fine for now. NO3 was 10ppm this morning.

iTrader
    2 (100%)
    Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Video of the second try on the anoxic filtration system:https://youtu.be/7s3ng3QikYw

Registered Member
    iTrader

Quote Originally Posted by RNJ View Post
    "This plant is absorbing all the nitrates, OBVIOUSLY [...] Once again, note the large lush plant in the tank. LOL"

Not trying to take sides, I have no "C.V." or academic titles (at least not in chemistry) but if one plant would have been all is needed for a tank to be nitrates free, oh well...

iTrader

@giberica
    at first i assumed this site was a novak site, skimmed it, thought wow, besides oddly remaining anonymous, this info seems good. went to the BCB page and read its anti BCB, LOL makes more sense now. guess the anonymous author is not novak
    Last edited by Jack L; 12-01-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950