AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Foamy Water

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lucas Smith

Default Foamy Water

I have been doing 30-50% daily water changes on a 55!gallon with 6 adult discus. I keep the water level a little low to add a drop for the filter return and aid oxyegon transfer.
    This morning I noticed a lot of foam below the filter return. It is sudsy white foam. I use labeled buckets so no inadvertent soap. Fish are active and eating.

My assumption is that maybe it is protein related. I feed FDBW with an AC Sponge over the intake. I think maybe they got super messy eating yesterday and with a skipper water change the protein reacted. Otherwise I am at a loss.

Anyone see this before?

Real Name
    Phil

Default Re: Foamy Water

Lucas,

I used to have this at times in my 55 gallon... sounds like a similar set up... I would get some foam as well...

It is prob what you suggested and not harmful but more of a sign of maybe some left mess... do a WC and keep on top of the WC and don't overfeed and you should be fine.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lucas Smith

Default Re: Foamy Water

Thanks brother. I just finished a nice 70% change post tank scrub and filter cleaning. We had a Discus Dash but otherwise all is well.