AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom stand for 75 Gallon

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Cyrus

Default Re: Custom stand for 75 Gallon

Just wanted to update really quickly. The canopy is still unfinished but all discus are doing very well. I sold all of the Angelfish and just have the discus at this point. My goal always was to have just a discus tank. I'm excited that everything has been going so well with this tank. Eventually I will remove the sand bed I think. It just gets dirty too easily and bare bottom is much easier to clean. I just wish there was some sort of flooring I could use to keep the tank looking bright. It is so much darker looking running bare bottom. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Real Name
    Patty

Watching this is better than the book I’m reading and it’s a good book! Can’t wait to see more pics. I’m always impressed with these builds. I really like yours. Is the stain you used called, Driftwood? It looks very similar to mine.
    Love your fish and wigglers. Exciting stuff!

If you want to keep the sand look, I used Rustoleum American Accents on one of my L134 tanks. It was either Pebble or Travertine.
    Crappy video, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utRoPwVVnTs

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Cyrus

Thank you all very much! I will get more pics up as soon as we get more done! I will also double check the stain. Its something with the word
    grey in it. I'll also double check on that for ya!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Cyrus

Hey Guys, been a bit since I have updated. I do have a question for you all though, the white sand in my tank is starting to turn black and I am unsure of what is causing this. I am sincerely considering removing the sand all together next time I do a large water change. The tank is really in need of a deep clean anyways. Still curious what the black coloration in the sand is though.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Real Name
    Patty

Adam,
    I really like that sand look on your bb tank. Can you do that after the tank is up and running? Not to hijack this thread, but I just went bb again and wonder if it’s possible? I thought of trying to paint the bottom from inside and covering up my sump with a plastic tarp. Is achieving this sand look messy?

Cyrus,
    I got a dark green color to my sand that I think was algae because it stuck to the sand when I tried to vacuum it up. My fish are happier since I got rid of it, or at least I am, but I know what you mean about looking dark. Also, I just went to buy some wood stain for a cabinet to hold my water tanks (I’ve hired a friend to build) and the color used to be driftwood, but is called classic gray now. At least I hope, since i think it’s the same #271...Hope it matches my stand. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12