ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Recycling

Default Recycling

Where I live one can save aluminum and sell it when the price gets high. I think that left over copper always always brings a good price. We have a market for iron and steel here too. We have no recycling. It's such a shame. Glass most be thrown away. Everything that there is a not market for goes to the landfill. It's such a shame.

What do y'all do with waste where you live? It has to be better than what we do in Jones County, Mississippi.
    Mama Bear

Default Re: Recycling

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Where I live one can save aluminum and sell it when the price gets high. I think that left over copper always always brings a good price. We have a market for iron and steel here too. We have no recycling. It's such a shame. Glass most be thrown away. Everything that there is a not market for goes to the landfill. It's such a shame.

What do y'all do with waste where you live? It has to be better than what we do in Jones County, Mississippi.
    You are right about that. I once saved up bags and bags of beer bottles but when I took them to the recycle center I got next to nothing for them. Cans you can get a decent amount and copper fetches a pretty penny.

I throw all of my recyclables in my recycle bin.

For my business I have a guy I give any recyclable parts to which is a win win. Gets rid of them for me and he makes a few bucks
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Default Re: Recycling

Liz we have recycling here in CT.We put all out glass,cardboard, and plastic in barrels and they are picked up and recycled.CT has a deposit on plastic,glass,and aluminum bottles that you can cash in or leave curbside to have recycled.It encourages people not to pollute and It works. period. Any roadside recy. material cast out windows is collected by thrifty people.

My town has bulk metal pick up 2 times a year when collectors come around and gather it. I sort the copper scrap and either turn it in or .for most metals I run a craigslist ad..curb alert and my address. Someone comes gets it,recycles it and makes some money.It helps me get rid of it, helps the environment, and helps the scrapper earn a living.
    al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 11-20-2017 at 06:40 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images