AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Hikari Bio Gold

Real Name
    Sean

Cool Hikari Bio Gold

I saw that Drsfosterandsmith.com was offering a 25% on Discus Bio Gold for both sizes so I ordered the 2.2Lbs size for $74. It’s a good price since it’s normally $100 or even more expensive if you buy the smaller pouches. I just wanted to share the holiday spirit and this good deal I found. Happy hunting everyone

Default Re: Hikari Bio Gold

Haven't tried the discus version, but the cichlid version is great for all kinds of fish. Goldfish love it!

Real Name
    Sean

Default Re: Hikari Bio Gold

My fish go absolutely bonanzas for this stuff. I did the math on it and it turns out to be almost exactly half price compared to buying it in the smaller pouches. That’s assuming you get the pouches for $11.79 on amazon. One of the tricks I’ve discovered is to feed a little bit of these pellets mixed in with other pellets when I’m trying to introduce a new pellet. The fish end up taking new pellets a lot faster this way. I’ve tried several different pellets and my Discus seem to like this stuff more than anything else I’ve tried. So far I’ve tried Al’s vintage blackworms pellets, NLS 1mm, and Diskus Gold PlanktoPlus daily. I still want to buy Dainichi Color Supreme and Color FX, and Northfin Krill Gold. My plan is to get the large size packages of both of the Dainichi formulas and the Northfin Krill Gold to mix together with the NLS 1mm, Diskus Gold, Hikari, and Al’s FDBW pellets. That way whenever I feed them pellets they’ll get a nice variety with each brand’s “special” unique ingredients. I’m sure the mishmash should have good results.