AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: need tips for parent health recovery

Registered Member Md. Shafiqual Alam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Shibly

Default need tips for parent health recovery

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are fine. recently I have been experiencing some of my pairs (specially male) getting thinner (kind of razor head shape) while raising medium/large quantity batch of fry. Usually they do not eat at all until the fry are removed from them.

So looking for your suggestion about what is the proper method to recover their health quickly ? Do I keep them isolate in a tank or in a community tank ? Will it be beneficial to increase the temp in a isolate tank to gain the metabolism ? How long it usually takes to recover the health from little thinner head of a ideal Discus if BH+tertabit+tetrabit feeds regularly 3 times a day ?

Waiting ....

Shibly
    Kind Regards,
    Alam Md. Shafiqual (Shibly)

Real Name
    Julian

Default Re: need tips for parent health recovery

Shibly

How old is he?
    Providing that there is not disease ( check color of the feces)
    I won't necessary isolate him, as it need the "social interaction", with others try to entice him with some form of safe frozen or live food , live brine shrimps, live black worms if possible , frozen blood worms , or freeze dried black worms/ freeze dried blood worms( soak in liquid vitamins) , just make sure they are from a good source, and plenty of clean water in daily WC.
    This has work for me although sometimes when the fish is too old around 8 years of so, it make not come back and is better to euthanize him.
    I hope it works for you.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.