AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Help identifying some discus

Real Name
    David Scofield

Default Help identifying some discus

20171207_173121592.jpg

Greetings. I need a little help identifying the three discus that I 'rescued' or maybe 'adopted' is a better term. A friend just got these three young fish from a lfs but had an unexpected emergency and can't keep them. I was planning on getting into discus and was researching how to keep them. I wasn't really ready for these three but now that I have them, i'd like to know what i have. I was told one of them was either a Red Melon or a Marlboro red. Looking at pictures, there are several different fish that look very similar and I don't know which it is. The other two i have no idea and any assistance in the identification of these three would be greatly appreciated! They are young and only about 2.5" at this point. I know that they will change some as they grow up. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Help identifying some discus

Melon - Cobalt - Red Turq

There's hope for the first two, but the turq will likely not recover from the stunting. Your problem is that small discus will not survive in a planted tank. Unless you can move them to a bare bottom tank, this'll be a short term experiment.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    David Scofield

Default Re: Help identifying some discus

Thanks for the help with the ID. I will do my best with them with what i have. Just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks again!