AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Water testers

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyle

Default Water testers

I use the API master kit to check my parameters. I am just curious is there anything out there that is better or that other people are using?

Real Name
    Take a wild guess

Default Re: Water testers

IMHO Api tests are good, I prefer their ammonia test to other brands, with the usual caveat about the nitrate one (that probably is the one used more often once the tank is up and running), you need to shake the $#!+ out of the reagent bottles to avoid the well known issue. For this reason, being in Europe, I use Sera nitrate test, for pH I use JBL as it has separate tests for low range and high range. Salifert, LaMotte and Hach have also a very good reputation but difficult to find this side of the pond.
    P.S. having hybrids to grow out and not wilds I change 2/3 water every day so testing is a bit redundant
    Last edited by Paul Sabucchi; 12-15-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Silver Member

Seachem for nitrite, nitrate testing http://seachem.com/multitest-nitrite.php

Quote Originally Posted by jim LI View Post
    Seachem for nitrite, nitrate testing http://seachem.com/multitest-nitrite.php
    +1

I use the seachem for those 2 years and api for everything however I rarely test water anymore
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Julian

API are good , as long as the person doing it is not color blind, other than that I prefer it over most meters specially the ph's types.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.