AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: who uses API Cichlid Amazon Extract and what do u think about it? (For Breeding)

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Damien

Default who uses API Cichlid Amazon Extract and what do u think about it? (For Breeding)

hello all, who uses API Cichlid Amazon Extract for Discus and what do u think about it? i just order`d a bottle i was looking for black water extract and found it, looks to be the same kind of product as all the other black water extracts yes?
    it doesnt contain chemicals does it? its all natural as far as i`m aware?

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: who uses API Cichlid Amazon Extract and what do u think about it? (For Breeding)

Why do you need it?
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: who uses API Cichlid Amazon Extract and what do u think about it? (For Breeding)

If you wish to darken your water try Rooibos tea.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

It will be the same as all the other blackwater extracts. And should be fine in your tank. However, it won't last past your next water change. If your like the blackwater look, I would suggest getting some organic peat potting mix from Home Depot and putting it in a fine filter bag or pantyhose. It will last a lot longer. But it will affect your pH.

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    If you wish to darken your water try Rooibos tea.
    Pat
    +1,000,000.00
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Julian

Rooibos Tea , is what I use , learned it from Pat. you can use peat as well as others mention , However an easy way to made your own natural black water is just made a "tea" from litter leaves, any type of oak will work fine another leave that works fine are Sea Almond/Indian almond/cattapa/ketapang leaves, is the same thing just various names and go made your own extract of black water or use the leaves straight.
    These days I prefer Rooibos Tea because the so many benefits already mention in previous other post.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.