Registered Member
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Feeding

Frozen Blood worms (hikari)
    Freeze dry Black worms (Al)
    Tetra color (pellets)
    Frozen brine shrimp (hikari)
    That’s what I’m planing of feeding my Discus but I been told that I need to add BH to their diet but I have no experience preparing home made food so do you guys can recommend some brand or some one who sales it.
    Thank you

Real Name
    Mervin

Default Re: Feeding

Hi,frozen blood worms are mostly water.You can get the freeze dried that are higher in protein content;much like the freeze dried black worms.You can also get black worms with beef heart.When fed raw BH/mix,more WC's and maintenance are required.You do not need to feed them BH to become nice large discus.BH is good when breeding and rearing young cause it is a cheap source of protein.A variety of food is best,like you're planning.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Daniel

Ok do you know where can I get the black worm mix with the beef heart and another question when I feed them with the frozen food I have to wash them like rince them with water or I can just add the little cube into the tank

Real Name
    Willie

I buy frozen beefheart from California Blackworms here. I cut it up into cubes and toss them frozen into the tank in the morning. In the evening, they get freeze dried Blackworms from the Brewmeister himself.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.