ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Source for F1 Altum angelfish in Canada ??

Registered Member

Default Source for F1 Altum angelfish in Canada ??

I know there are a few places in the states that sell tank raised/f1 altums. But does anyone know a good source for them in Canada ? There was mention of someone in Canada that bred them successfully before but I can't remember the name and from what I remember , couldn't really find any information. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Vincent

Real Name
    Ralph

Default Re: Source for F1 Altum angelfish in Canada ??

Welcome to Simply Discus Vincent.
    I'm not aware of any F1 Altums available but there is a source in Calgary some of us in Canada use for Wild Altums. This year has been great for quality and a bunch of us are extremely happy with what we received Altums from Atabapo. Just waiting for the next shipment in the new year.
    Where in Canada are you?

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member

Hi Ralph! Where is the source of wild altum in Calgary? . I'm interested in too, thanks Ralph,

Real Name
    Mervin

Spence Jack in Winnipeg,Manitoba sometimes has wild caught altums,hybreds and crosses.Wild caught discus and a lot of other wild caught fish.He is shut down right now but reopening in a new warehouse.I bought 12 albino Dantum Angels last spring and they are awesome.

Real Name
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by BowRiver View Post
    Hi Ralph! Where is the source of wild altum in Calgary? . I'm interested in too, thanks Ralph,
    Sent you a pm...

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member
    Vancouver BC - did not have a good experience with Dale Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    Spence Jack in Winnipeg,Manitoba sometimes has wild caught altums,hybreds and crosses.Wild caught discus and a lot of other wild caught fish.He is shut down right now but reopening in a new warehouse.I bought 12 albino Dantum Angels last spring and they are awesome.
    I think I got 6 from the same lot of Albino Dantums from Spencer and they were amazing. Great to see other Canadians on here

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by vincel892 View Post
    I know there are a few places in the states that sell tank raised/f1 altums. But does anyone know a good source for them in Canada ? There was mention of someone in Canada that bred them successfully before but I can't remember the name and from what I remember , couldn't really find any information. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Vincent
    Vince, I hope you find a good source and get some soon. Can you tell me where in the USA I can find Altums.? Thanks, Tom