ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Help please my Discus are dying.

Default Help please my Discus are dying.

Hi,
    I recently added a bunch of tetras to my 90 gallon Discus tank which has 5 full grown discus in it for the last 5 years. I put the tetras through a six week quarantine in which they were treated with copper for a month. They looked healthy so I added them to the discus tank and a week and a half later I woke up one morning to a discus almost dead which looked perfectly healthy the night before and it died a little later and now after another two weeks I have another discus which is acting all drunk which looked perfectly fine the day before. All these discus have been healthy of a long time before adding the tetras. Does anyone have suggestions for courses of action. I just did a 75% WC as soon as I saw the discus acting drunk.

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Help please my Discus are dying.

Hard to make any recommendations without more information. My only suggestion is to keep making large water changes, daily if possible, and move the sick fish into their own quarantine tank.

Good luck, Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Default Re: Help please my Discus are dying.

get those tetra out of there, I would start with huge daily water changes and would also start dosing something like quick cure. It has malachite green and formalin, something that kills that quickly sounds parasitic.
    ~JACKLYN~