ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish Room Insulation

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Stuart

Default Re: Fish Room Insulation

A friend of mine is a fish importer here in Canada and he used foam in ceiling, the walls. electric heat with exhaust fan (because it is least expensive and he has no natural gas) pallet racks (2) and the place works fine.
    Stu

Registered Member

Thank you Stu.

Registered Member

Energy Recovery Ventilator or Heat Recovery Ventilator?

I can't make up my mind which one to order.
    There is a need to get the humidity out of the fish room so a HRV would make sense.
    But..... living in TN right next to a small river makes for high humidity outside most days so maybe the humidity indoors is lower then outdoors which would make the ERV the better choice.

Any thoughts on this?

Rough in inspection for electric passed yesterday, starting with the insulation today!

Registered Member

The Fish Room is finally up and running, trying to get the first tanks cycled for two weeks now ( where are those Nitrites )

Coming back to the insulation, 6 inch fiberglass plus 2 inch taped foam boards seems to work well so far.

The room was 86 degrees last night when I turned the heat off, about 10 hours later it was still 85 degrees with only a small dehumidifier running. Outside temperature was about 50 degrees and tanks do not have heaters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12