ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: What will my 3" discus look like when it grows up?

Real Name
    Heidi

Default What will my 3" discus look like when it grows up?

I've been doing searches and coming up with a lot of dead pictures. I wonder if anyone can share a pictures of your 3" discus and how that discus looks after growing up- maybe share w/c and feeding schedule, what you fed and how long it took to grow out.

If you know of a link to a post with this info please share it.

I'm purchasing some 3-4" discus and wonder ...how will they look when they grow up? I will be doing 80% w/c daily and 4-5 feedings per day. If fed right and lots of good water changes can they change their shape or look? At what size do you determine the discus shape is set and won't change (taking into consideration you will continue to give optimum feeding and large water changes)? Can 3-4" discus grow up even nicer? Is it possible for a good looking 3" discus to look horrible when it grows up even with good care?

I ordered five 3-4"discus (arriving tomorrow). If one or more don't look perfect to me should I cull them straight away or could they develop into something nicer with time and good care?

I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong spot. I wasn't sure where to put it.
    Last edited by HappyFace; 01-08-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Default Re: What will my 3" discus look like when it grows up?

Granted you are starting with quality stock (good genetics) lots of clean water and quality food should yield you nice results. I got all of my fish from Kenny in the 3" range. There were a couple that were really behind the others but they ended up catching up and are now some of the largest. If you are willing to do the large wcs then I feel 3" is a food size. You can watch them change from a fish with very little pattern or color to big beautiful fish if done right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Heidi

Default Re: What will my 3" discus look like when it grows up?

Amazing! Gorgeous discus!!! Thank you so much for sharing Ryan!