ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: For pickup only, Washington DC area

Silver Member

Default For pickup only, Washington DC area

OK, EVERYBODY, LISTEN UP -- The time has come: I am withdrawing from "the hobby."

No hard feelings; I had my first tank in 1951, and have had a planted 90-gallon discus tank since 1991, with several successful spawns, including one a year ago. Now both retired, my wife and I travel a lot, and I no longer enjoy twice-weekly sessions with the Python hose.

But therein lies your opportunity! Come and inspect the livestock and make an offer on some or all of these splendid fish.

I will now attempt to post pix of the spawning pair. The male is an "apricot sunrise," female a "silver pigeonblood." I have six others: 4 offspring of the spawning pair (one pic attached), plus a large red male, a male silver pigeonblood and something like a "checkerboard"; plus 4 big clown loaches (4" - 6") (whom I would prefer to place as a group, since they have hung out together for years), a few catfish, etc.

After these guys gave all been placed, there will also be a 90-gallon tank, a hand-built solid mahogany stand, a couple smaller tanks and hardware too numerous to list. I do not plan on getting rich by this liquidation, and feel a responsibility to find good homes. If you're in the DC area, come and work with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member

Default Re: For pickup only, Washington DC area

BTW, the bottom pic is the spawning male "apricot sunrise." The second pic is an offspring. Sorry for any confusion.

Mac

Registered Member

Default Re: For pickup only, Washington DC area

where do you live. I am in Manassas. is it possible for me to have a visiting schedule sometime this week