ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Something you HAVENT seen before!!!

Registered Member dadecountyalan's Avatar

Talking Something you HAVENT seen before!!!

My oldest fish that I have has developed cataracts! Its been over a time of about 6 months.

still eats like a PIG, just from one side LOL

https://youtu.be/anmZwfqD8XA

Default Re: Something you HAVENT seen before!!!

Well thats definitely different. Looks otherwise healthy though as a fish.I havent had exactly that but I have had fish get injured and the eye turn whitish and lose the ability to see. But wasnt quite the same and it happened over days to weeks. Not months like yours. . The fish in question eventually got pop-eye in that eye and died. Im pretty sure it was all bacterial related in my fishes case from the injury.

How old is the fish?
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member dadecountyalan's Avatar

Default Re: Something you HAVENT seen before!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Well thats definitely different. Looks otherwise healthy though as a fish.I havent had exactly that but I have had fish get injured and the eye turn whitish and lose the ability to see. But wasnt quite the same and it happened over days to weeks. Not months like yours. . The fish in question eventually got pop-eye in that eye and died. Im pretty sure it was all bacterial related in my fishes case from the injury.

How old is the fish?
    Al
    Well I cant tell you exactly how old she is but I bought her in 2014 i believe and she was already used to spawn 3-4 times so she was maybe 3 years old already plus another 4 years?