ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Basic Purigen Reactor

Real Name
    Sergey

Default Basic Purigen Reactor

Hi all!
    I want to run the purigen in my aquarium.
    Found here such a set:

I'll turn it on bypass, with a weak current of water. Tell me please, will I be able to do this in a fluidized manner and will it work normally?
    Thank you!

Registered Member

Default Re: Basic Purigen Reactor

I had the same idea, but never got around to building one. The main thing is the flow rate has to be tweaked just so and then as time goes by and the purigen gets heavier, you have to tweak the flow again. It should work. Just make sure you get good valves in and out to precisely control the flow. And have fun recharging that stuff, that's why I stopped using it.

I agree just about any reactor can be used as long as you can adjust flow rate. Purigen takes very little flow for it to fluidize. Too much flow and you've got a big mess in your tank.

I recently started a thread about mine and there are many ideas there from other members as well. If you do a quick search for purigen reactor here you'll find some good info
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Sergey

Quote Originally Posted by gators111 View Post
    I had the same idea, but never got around to building one. The main thing is the flow rate has to be tweaked just so and then as time goes by and the purigen gets heavier, you have to tweak the flow again. It should work. Just make sure you get good valves in and out to precisely control the flow. And have fun recharging that stuff, that's why I stopped using it.
    Thanks for the answer. Yes, I'll install the fine adjustment cranes. It will not be difficult to control the flow.

Real Name
    Sergey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    I agree just about any reactor can be used as long as you can adjust flow rate. Purigen takes very little flow for it to fluidize. Too much flow and you've got a big mess in your tank.

I recently started a thread about mine and there are many ideas there from other members as well. If you do a quick search for purigen reactor here you'll find some good info
    Yes, I read. I do not have the opportunity to buy a reactor like you. You can buy only as in the photo.

Silver Member

I use a reactor on each of my tanks.. i use kent marine cylcone reactors in line with eheim 2236 filters. i have the reactor cut into the return line of the filter with ball valves. that is how i adjust the flow

Real Name
    Sergey

Quote Originally Posted by jim LI View Post
    I use a reactor on each of my tanks.. i use kent marine cylcone reactors in line with eheim 2236 filters. i have the reactor cut into the return line of the filter with ball valves. that is how i adjust the flow
    We do not sell such reactors
    To order from ebay about 120$ it will turn out with delivery to Ukraine

Real Name
    Sergey

It turned out like this