ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad day

Default Sad day

Well today I sold my beautiful group of discus. Sad to see them go but very happy to see them going to a good home. At this point I want to take another direction with the tank. I have enjoyed keeping these fish very much for nearly too years now. It was a great learning experience. I was quite pleased with the results and very fortunate to not have an illnesses along the way.

At this time the tank will no longer house discus for the short term. In the next year or so we are hoping to sell our home as we have outgrown it. Once we move into a larger home it will afford me the ability to have the space to have the large discus tank I envision.

Though I won't be keeping discus for awhile I will still be checking in here as I want to continue to learn and have made some great fishy friends 0272018115851.jpg
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: Sad day

Good luck with your future plans Ryan...looks like there are some huge ones on the horizon. I just know that when you get back into discus it will just be bigger and better. All the knowledge you have gained over the last two years will hold you in good stead.
    At least the person that purchased your group will enjoy what you have accomplished with them.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Good luck with your future plans Ryan...looks like there are some huge ones on the horizon. I just know that when you get back into discus it will just be bigger and better. All the knowledge you have gained over the last two years will hold you in good stead.
    At least the person that purchased your group will enjoy what you have accomplished with them.
    Thanks Joe appreciate it.

I agree. With my next endeavor I know exactly what I want to do rather than doing and redoing and redoing and redoing and redoing...lol you get the picture

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

Lucky buyer! Those were lovely fish

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Thanks Joe appreciate it.

I agree. With my next endeavor I know exactly what I want to do rather than doing and redoing and redoing and redoing and redoing...lol you get the picture
    Hopefully your next endeavor will involve doing a grow out with a larger group and much smaller fish, and having more control on how they turn out, but whatever it is l'm sure it will be good.

Good luck with everything.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Kyla View Post
    Lucky buyer! Those were lovely fish
    Thanks Kyla
    Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Hopefully your next endeavor will involve doing a grow out with a larger group and much smaller fish, and having more control on how they turn out, but whatever it is l'm sure it will be good.

Good luck with everything.
    That will be my goal. Growout a large single strain group for a large display tank.

I saw that coming Ryan just not quite so soon. Good to know you’ll be haunting us. This forum is your second family. You were my very first fishy friend here. Good to know you are sticking around.

I have known you had wanted to do a grow out of a single strain for awhile. I really look forward to what you decide on. It will be a gorgeous tank. I have been tempted to try the same thing but am too attached to my kids to sell them. I may try breeding at some point since I have two pairs that have formed. I always said never but I am learning life is full of surprises...

Looking forward to seeing your life of surprises...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    I saw that coming Ryan just not quite so soon. Good to know you’ll be haunting us. This forum is your second family. You were my very first fishy friend here. Good to know you are sticking around.

I have known you had wanted to do a grow out of a single strain for awhile. I really look forward to what you decide on. It will be a gorgeous tank. I have been tempted to try the same thing but am too attached to my kids to sell them. I may try breeding at some point since I have two pairs that have formed. I always said never but I am learning life is full of surprises...

Looking forward to seeing your life of surprises...
    Thanks my friend.

You will be happy to know that the 75 will be joining you over on the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Thanks my friend.

You will be happy to know that the 75 will be joining you over on the dark side
    Ha ha!!! Really! Yay!!!! That will be worth waiting for!!!!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Ryan, it is hard to see your fish go out the front door but sounds like you have some wonderful future upgrades to look forward too. All the best with your upgrade journey and glad to hear you will be hanging around.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Paul M. Kaplowitz

Hey Ryan, I have had my Discus for 9 months now and they are doing wonderfully. Like any newcomer, I used this forum for many questions. You were of great help to me. One issue I had was an infestation of Pond Snails. I was loosing the battle when you suggested Assassin Snalls. They went through the Ponds Snails Like Sherman went through Georgia. I now have well over a 100 Assasins. So if in the future you need any, send me a note and I'll ship them to you. Best of luck. PMK

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Ryan, it is hard to see your fish go out the front door but sounds like you have some wonderful future upgrades to look forward too. All the best with your upgrade journey and glad to hear you will be hanging around.
    Pat
    Thanks Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkappy View Post
    Hey Ryan, I have had my Discus for 9 months now and they are doing wonderfully. Like any newcomer, I used this forum for many questions. You were of great help to me. One issue I had was an infestation of Pond Snails. I was loosing the battle when you suggested Assassin Snalls. They went through the Ponds Snails Like Sherman went through Georgia. I now have well over a 100 Assasins. So if in the future you need any, send me a note and I'll ship them to you. Best of luck. PMK
    Hey Paul good to hear. Those little buggers reproduce like crazy. I transferred most to my planted so I've got lots but very kind offer. If you ever really wanna see how many drop some Cory pellets in the tank they will come out of the wood works lol

good luck

Real Name
    Filip

Good luck Ryan . It is sad that you have to sell your own babies Ryan but it is also an opportunity to change and progress in the hoby. Now that you've learn through your own mistakes and experiences , you are equipped with knowledge to have even more beautiful discus and tank than this current one .

And please , don't be a stranger to the forum until you get your new home and tank. W e have enjoyed your company here and we will be happy if things stays that way .

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Good luck Ryan . It is sad that you have to sell your own babies Ryan but it is also an opportunity to change and progress in the hoby. Now that you've learn through your own mistakes and experiences , you are equipped with knowledge to have even more beautiful discus and tank than this current one .

And please , don't be a stranger to the forum until you get your new home and tank. W e have enjoyed your company here and we will be happy if things stays that way .
    Thanks Filip. I will definitely still be poking around here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast